Monday, January 12, 2009

The Perks

There are lots of perks to being an actor. For example we can write-off our movie tickets at the end of the year and we don't have to feel guilty for watching television... it's called research when you are an actor.

Of course the drawbacks are being 30 and living in a one bedroom apartment with hand me down furniture, but what are you going to do?

Anyway, I have to cast my vote for the Screen Actors Guild Awards and I'm not quite sure whether this is a perk or not. It's fun having a say in who wins and it's really fun getting free screeners in the mail. (By the way, I'm more likely to vote for your movie if you send me a free screener.) The downside is I don't get a say in who gets nominated in the first place and I'm not always happy with the list I have to choose from. I would love to vote for Pushing Daisies as best Ensemble Cast in a Comedy Series, but no... I'm stuck with choosing between a bunch of shows I don't watch, because I don't have cable and probably wouldn't watch even if I did.

So this is how you decide who to vote for if you are me. Hmmm... Mark Walberg produces Entourage and he's cute. Plus he seems sweet and I don't want crusty Alec Baldwin or holier than thou Tina Fey to win for 30 Rock. Check.

I'm not sure I should vote for anything that makes serial killers look cool, but Dexter is on HBO so I don't have to be annoyed by their commercials unlike the other shows in this category. Check.

Oops... I meant to vote for Kate Winslet for The Reader, not Revolutionary Road. Too late. Double check.

Conundrum... Robert Downey Jr. for Tropic Thunder or Heath Ledger for The Dark Knight. I loved both performances. I think both parts were very unique and challenging. Hmmm... oh free screener of The Dark Knight, Heath Ledger it is. Check.

Brad Pitt for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button... well duh! You had me at A River Runs Through It. Check and double check!

And now you know how the winners are picked. It's all very technical, unbiased and professional.

4 comments:

Candice said...

You are so funny. Since I am not an actress due to a severe lack of talent, I am glad that someone like you is doing the voting.

Thank you for showing us the process.

Kevin Doyle said...

lol

Jensens said...

That is so cool.

IrisLillie said...

Don't the have a write in???

Dang... I LOVED (they cancelled it) Pushing Daisies.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers