Monday, November 15, 2010

And The Winner Is...

Thank you! Of course I agreed with every comment you wrote, since I picked them all out. I was having the hardest time making up my mind. I had decided the tie breaker was going to be the price tag and in that case The Onesie would win, but then River took matters into his own hands. He brushed all the other boxes aside, grabbed Rudolph and wouldn't stop playing with him. Thankfully, Rudolph is the only one he can't break. Yay for sterling silver!
*
In other news, there is only a month till my birthday. I still haven't made a wish list and my husband says I lose a present for every day I don't make one. I better get on it. I am already down to only 249 presents. (My count, not his.) I am on a Facebook fast, but I still log on for ten seconds everyday to see if Arika Shockmel has had her baby. 9 days late and counting. Please everyone think releasing thoughts, so Arika can finally meet here babe and I can stop cheating on my fast. I am also giving up my beloved CoCa-Cola for a month. River is almost a year old and I am still 10 lbs up on my pre-baby weight. I am going to see if soda makes the difference. I only have one a day, but who knows... nothing else is working, so fingers crossed.
*
I know this is a blog, not a brag, but this is so super cool it has to be shared. My husband booked a role in a film called Darlin' Companion directed by Lawrence Kasdan. Lawrence, or Lawrie as we call him, (okay that last part is not true) wrote The Empire Strikes Back, Return of The Jedi and Raiders of the Lost Ark and directed Silverado. Needless to say, my husband is a fan of his and was excited to work with him. Now here is the cool part. After Bear finished filming, Lawrence Kasdan called the casting director to tell him how great Bear did and what a joy he was to work with. Actors never get that kind of feedback. Yes, we get to hear everyone's two cents and suffer through the hoards of cowardly online critics, but to get genuine, unprompted feedback from a member of Hollywood's elite is a pretty big deal and I am very proud of him.
*
P.S. I am not just saying that to win back some of my presents.


3 comments:

Scott and Stacia said...

How awesome about the movie!! We are always excited to hear about the roles you guys get!! Congrats on that Bear!! (and yes those things are what blogs are for :)
The Rudolph ornament is a cute one. Nice that River wont be able to break it!!

IrisLillie said...

Since you were dad I didn't publicly comment about Bear's success story.. I will do so now belatedly..
WAY TO GO BEAR!!!
I am soooo looking forward to sitting in a theater with my bud' Jan and seeing you ...
I will probably get "SHHHH'd" when I announce "See that guy??? He's my son-in-law"......

Jessica Lynn said...

That is super cool that the director called to give feedback. Nice of the director to put in the effort. Fantastic of Bear to have a work ethic worth complimenting.

As for the ornament, I forgive River for not choosing the one I recommended. :) I'm really glad he got to pick out his baby ornament though! That'll be a great story for him to hear as he's growing up.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers