Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Nice List



We we went to the ward Christmas party the other night and River got to meet Santa for the first time. He was relieved to find out that skipping naps for no good reason does not keep you off the nice list. He gave Santa a pretty searching look, but kept right on sucking his thumb and did not cry. When Santa handed him a plastic bag full of candy, he lit up like he had been handed some serious dough... more for the fun of shaking a crinkly bag, than for the candy, which Bear and I ate.
*
The food was delish and I'm always in a good mood when I get to eat without cooking. I had a very simple part in the Christmas play. I hadn't done any stage acting in a long time. It wasn't serious acting, just fun, but the reaction of my little boy in the audience made me feel like a super star. He was so excited to see me on stage, he was ooohing and ahhing and flapping around so loudly Bear had to take him to the very back of the hall. It took a lot of effort not to look at him, but at least the part I was doing called for a lot of smiling.
*
Happy Christmasing everyone. It's getting close.




4 comments:

IrisLillie said...

It would be VERY hard not to look when you hear your little one...

You all look so happy...

BTW......

Happy Birthday....
I love you.

Heidi said...

Yeah, I bet you are on the hook for all ward functions that require any kind of acting, aren't you! =) Justin and I were Joseph and Mary with baby Dallin as baby Jesus at a ward party way back when. I mostly felt pretty stupid....

Candice said...

I would have loved to see you displaying your acting talents.

I am impressed with River. I have a 3 year old, who still will have nothing to do with Santa...even his helper Drew Santa, who has played Santa every year since she was born.

Scott and Stacia said...

Cute picture of River with Santa! My boys wanted nothing to do with Santa this year :( Wonder what changed since last year??

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers