Monday, June 11, 2012

Time Line


I am starting to feel almost human again.  Washing the dishes, or showering aren't such a drain anymore and I have a little energy left at the end of the night to catch up on some blogging.  Unfortunately between River's later bed time (he still goes to bed at 8:30, but then we fight him for an hour as we try to keep in bed, now that he's not in a crib) and my earlier bed time (5:30 am alarm for work), I don't have a lot of time.  So here is a super speedy update of things I missed while in the land of the half dead and vomiting.

Easter Weekend (April 7th and 8th)

On the Saturday before Easter we went to a little Egg Hunt at my friends' town homes.  It was the perfect size and most of the kids were little, so no crazy competitions.  We were supposed to go looking for houses that day, but the realtor canceled at the last second.  This is why River has an orange short on and a Halloween basket.  Just mark it up as another episode of A Ghetto Mom Tries.





(I just love River's hair in this pic.  Does anyone else think 90210?)

On Easter Sunday we had a beautiful time at church and then spent the afternoon at at a dinner with friends. We had an Easter Egg Hunt just for the three kids and this time River looked a little more Eastery.  After he stopped and ate all the candy from the first egg he found, he did great for the rest of the hunt.  All of the kids were pretty good at sharing eggs they found too.

Getting ready for the hunt.




Looking for eggs and airplanes.




April 9th Tragedy Strikes-River Gets A Hair Cut

Okay, maybe that is a little dramatic, but it was tragic to me.  I was living vicariously through all the compliments I got daily on my sons curls... it was almost as if I had beautiful curly hair, that was gorgeous even if it was messy, but my husband (who has long, curly hair btw) said it needed to be cut.

Before



 (Unsuspectingly sitting in his airplane.)

During


Who knew life could be so hard with a succor in each hand and riding in an airplane, with a tv playing cartoons in front of you???  This was his first haircut with scissors... guess we'll be going back to the flowbee.

After


Semi recovered thanks to a balloon and some extra succors.  One reason I hate cutting River's hair is that he always looks so much older.  Seriously, I feel like I need to buy him a back pack and enroll him in school, but he does look so handsome.

The rest of April-???

I honestly don't remember another thing about April.  I don't have any more pictures or videos of the month either.  It's all been lost to the morning sickness vacuum.  Well on to May in the next couple days.






No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers