Tuesday, February 19, 2013

New Post



No really, it is a new post.  It just looks very similar to the last post, since I haven't updated my blog in a month.  Shame on me.  I repent.  Let's move on.

Ash At Three Months

He never wants to be set down.  Never.  Ever.

Not only must you hold him, but don't even think about trying to sit down while you hold him.

He can giggle.  They are short little giggles and sound a little like Jabba The Hut, but I will pretty much do anything to hear them.

His eyes are still blue.  I'm starting to think they will stay that way.

He finally got to meet his Pops and his Nomee. (My parents.)  He sure loved having those extra arms around to carry him all the time.

He is a big flirt.  Sorry to break it to you ladies... he smiles that big for everyone.

Blowing raspberries is his favorite past time and he drenches every onesie he wears.

He took his first airplane ride.  We went to Phoenix, Arizona and he got to touch his little tootsies to grass for the first time.  He loved it.

He has been going to sleep for the night around 7:30 pm.  He usually wakes up at 10 pm to nurse and then again at 3:00 am and then again at 6:00 am.  Sometimes he sleeps through the 10 pm feeding.  I wish he would sleep through the 3:00 am feeding instead.

Most of his naps are still 45 minutes "long".  Combine this with his lack of contentment at being set down and you might be able to understand why I haven't blogged in a month... or done anything else for that matter.  Good thing he saves his biggest smiles for his Mama.

Ash is an eater.  If this kid is awake, he wants to be eating.  He weighed in today at 16.9 lbs.  I have every intention of getting him on an eating schedule, but his cries are so pitiful and he chugs down the milk like it is laced with chocolate, so I feel like he must need it.  I just wish he would at least take a bottle every once in awhile.  I have a gift certificate for a pedicure that I would love to make use of, but my role as sole provider/human pacifier is preventing such pleasures.

He is pretty much the noisiest eater you'll ever hear.

We were able to bless him when my parents were in town.  He was kind enough not to cry through it, or spit up on his outfit.  He looked like an angel.  Well more like a chubby cherub.

We all love this big boy.  River has been going through a rough adjustment patch, but Ash is his comforter.  Some kids have lovies, or silkies, or binkies, but River has Baby Ash.  He rubs his foot or his head and it calms him down.  It is not always convenient to have him hanging on us, but I never want that love to change.  We are still tired and we definitely need more space in this place, but our little Ash makes it all worth it.  He blesses our house with joy.




River at three months.  I think I'm going to add a picture of River to all of these monthly posts for comparison.  If I'm really motivated, I might even go back and add them to the first two.









1 comment:

Jennifer said...

He's such a sweet, chubby little munchkin!!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers