I've been officially called out by my mother for being a lazy blogger. Maybe I'm making this too hard, by planning my posts and needing time to track down the right picture, etc... Today, I'm just going to get the blog monkey off my back and type whatever comes to mind
1. I won a blog giveaway. It was on a site called give me goodies and the giveaway was actually for a hat of my choice from my friend Selissa's blog called forever and a day. Lucky me. I could have got something for The Bean, but I was selfish and got myself a hat. Does this make me a bad mom?
2. When did the mall kiosk people turn into carnival barkers and why do they always target me? I went to the mall, because Motherhood Maternity is the only place I know that you can buy bra extenders and The Bean is expanding my rib cage by the second. I got stopped by three different vendors and I had to tell each of them no four times before they would let me leave, making me feel like a cheap and mean person. Sorry lady, I have a baby coming very soon. I don't think it's the right time to buy your magical $140 curling iron!
3. My birthing class teacher said I must have been an A student. I think it was her polite way of reminding me that no one likes a know it all. I wasn't trying to show off, but I hate awkward silences when no one answers questions. I think it's because I've taught, so I know what it feel like when you ask a question and then you hear crickets chirping... plus I'm just really smart.
4. I've been thinking about the way animals give birth a lot lately. It almost seems like they go into a serene trance. I don't think they are trying to go someplace else, so they don't feel the pain, because that seems like a high cognitive function beyond an animals ability. I think they are just so relaxed that they have less or no pain. So that is the theory I'm going with.
5. I found out Utah has the highest epidural rates in the nation. 95%!!! Why do you think that is? I mean, for a state of people descended from hearty pioneer stock, it just surprises me that it is that high.
6. I officially made the switch to maternity pants and I don't think I ever want to go back. Comfy and you can bend over as far as you want and those suckers aren't going to slide down.
That's all for now and I'll try and do better mom.
10 hours ago