Thursday, October 4, 2012

Montana Friends


I took a break from my friends posts to blog about my anniversary and then I fell off the face of the earth for awhile.  I am waiting for my nesting hormones to kick in, so I can get "everything" done, but in the mean time all I have to work with is EXTREME FATIGUE!  As my friend Marianne said, "The mind is willing, but the body is pregnant."

Before I get buried in my to do list, I want to post about our trip to Montana.  We try and take one every year around our anniversary.  Sadly this might be the last one.  Our family is growing, our friends family is growing and unfortunately their house is not growing.... hmm... maybe we'll just move there.

Despite the flu making the rounds on this trip and even striking River for the first time ever, we had so much fun.  The kids were sick on and off the whole time, but they were in great spirits.  It went something like this... act totally fine, eat well, play, ask to go to the park and then puke in the car on the way home.  The next day... act totally fine, eat a ton, wrestle, jump, climb and then have explosive diarrhea in the middle of the night.  Good times!

Here's some pictures of the non disgusting stuff.


Heavy on the trees and grass... just like I like it.




The spaghetti noodle approach to sliding.






Let the slide races begin!!!




 Maria and Uncle Andrus were inseparable.




Picnicking lakeside at sunset... any day baby!!!






Bear and River demonstrate  how to style your hair in the "shark fin".  Much cooler than the "faux hawk" if I do say so myself.




The whole crew, minus me, but since Marianne is a photographer, I thought I'd let her sneak in one shot.




River's dream come true...  access to a hot tub day and night!




We kept the temp nice and low for the kids and the pregnant ladies (Marianne is due a month after me!!!), but it was still so nice and relaxing... a future must have if we let River decide our purchases.




Who's going to be the one to tell him it's time to get out and go nigh-nigh.  Not It!




Snuggle time with Uncle Andrus every morning... the kids can't get enough.  He really is the baby whisperer.




Yes, I jumped on the trampoline at 29 weeks pregnant.  No, it was not a good idea and thankfully, I was the only one with a camera at the time.




Judging from the smile on his face, I'm thinking another future must have.





The long road home... the look says it all... but seeing our friends and getting out of the city always makes the car rides worth it.

P.S.  Marianne was nice enough to take a couple family shots of us while we were there.  I can't wait to see them, but she is busy finishing all her galleries from wedding season, so it might be a minute.  However, she did share this gem of a shot on facebook and I don't want any of you to miss it.  Yes, your life will be better for having looked at it.






2 comments:

Hannah said...

What a great post! I'm glad you all had fun in spite of all the rounds of illness. Those photos are priceless, too. And, P.S., can I please place an Uncle Andrus on order for my future need, whenever that may be?!

Scott and Stacia said...

Cute picture!! I can not believe how big Maria is!! Cant wait to see those guys again!! Wish we lived closer to them and you guys...we really need to coordinate a move :)

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers