Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

Nativity by Brian Kershisnik
Their are many beautiful portrayals of the Nativity. This is our favorite one. We love that Mary is in heaven nursing her baby in bare feet. We love that Joseph is exhausted and overwhelmed, but still awake with a supportive hand on his wife's shoulder. We love that women must of heard a baby crying in a manger and come in to see what was going on. We love the chorus of angels rushing in to witness the birth of their savior and sing joyous hosannas. We love that the puppies can kind of hear the angels and are looking around to find who is making the noise. If this painting had a little barnyard cat curled up at Mary's side to purr and keep her warm, it would be complete in my eyes.
*
When I look at the painting, I realize I might have been one of the angels crowding in to get a better look. I always want to be in the know, so this is probably true. I think of myself as the blond angel peering over Mary's shoulder with my hand in awe covering my mouth. I think of Bear as the curly headed angel patting Joseph's head to say, "You did it brother." Most of all I think of my Savior as a tiny little baby and I realize the potential in all of us is bigger than we will ever realize. God loved us so much, he sent his only begotten son to be born, live and die for us, that we too could return and live with him again. Merry Christmas Love The Bears

2 comments:

Candice said...

That is really beautiful. I love it when you (Lil) can see things that I (Candice) cannot. But once you show me, I can see.

I think that the blond angel looks just like you. I love that the puppies could hear you as an angel.

Jensens said...

I loved your description, it is a lovely picture. Thank you for sharing.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers