Friday, June 12, 2009

11 WEEKS

I just got back from my doctor's appointment. It was a quick one. Despite being sick, I haven't lost any weight, which is good. I am a tad dehydrated, but everyday it gets easier to drink water and keep it down. The doctor said he was impressed with how much better I was feeling. Usually his "underweight" (guess they go by a different standard than Hollywood) patients don't start recovering as quickly.
*
No ultrasound today, but I did get to hear the heartbeat again. The Bean was not in a cooperative mood and every time the doctor would find the heartbeat, the baby would swim quickly away. We found it at last and it's always reassuring to hear it, so I was thankful. The doctor said he should be able to determine the sex at my next visit, which I'll only be 15 weeks. That would be 5 weeks sooner than I thought. What a bonus! I'll try not to be too disappointed if he can't tell though.
*
We're officially in our new apartment and hopefully in a few days we'll actually feel like unpacking and organizing. Right now we are content to dig through boxes every time we need something. The rain has been a blessing and a curse. I love it. It keeps me calm and we've been thankful for the cooler temperatures, but making mad dashes between rain showers is not the optimal way to move. Now that we're done, I say bring on the rain. For once I would like summer to wait until it's actually summer to start.
*
One final note on week 11. My baby has officially graduated from being an embryo to a fetus. I've never been too fond of the word fetus, but in Greek it means little one, so it's a little cuter to me now. Of course The Bean has always been a baby to me, from the second a plus sign appeared on a stick.

3 comments:

Jensens said...

Glad to hear everything is going well!

Andrew said...

I am so glad "little one" is doing well. I am glad that even though you are underweight, you are one of the underweight rockstars.

I would not like to move in the rain. I am glad that you did it.

Candice

M Wiest said...

ummm...cutest post ever...and you're right, i never liked the word fetus but now it's cute!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers