Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Thank Goodness For Video Cameras

Because sometimes you just need proof that your wild man was once a little one.





Watching River run around and laugh so hard today, I was making him take breaks just to catch his breath, I looked up at his newborn photo on the wall and thought... This cannot possibly be the same being.
*
My favorite things about having an 18 month old are the simple schedule (sleep 8pm-8am and one nap at 1), the increased communication (over 25 signs and about 15 words used on a regular basis), seeing him try to put his clothes on himself (even when he gets frustrated, he keeps trying), the affection (kisses, hugs and just grabbing on to my leg to lean on and suck his thumb for a second) and watching him become more and more his own person.
*
My least favorite things about having an 18 month old are sitting and talking with friends is nearly impossible, I have to see him fall down A LOT, he somehow learned to whine really well when saying the word no (it's a one syllable word and he can make it three), he is in a big separation anxiety phase and won't let me leave him in nursery by himself anymore and finally... it's going by too quickly. I blinked and he went from my 8 lb angelic newborn to a 26 lb dashing, crashing, sassing tot. I'm sleeping with my eyes open tonight, because I am scared to blink again and have him be 13 tomorrow.


2 comments:

Hal Fields said...

Thanks for all the videos and pictures, Lil. The trip down memory lane was beautiful. So innocent, so sweet.It's true, what you say about childhood, you blink and it's over.

Pops

Jessica Lynn said...

Awwww...I can't believe how tiny he used to be.

I know I'll be saying that for the rest of my life.

Thanks for the fun videos!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers