Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Many Thanks


I'm so grateful for all the book suggestions. They will keep me busy for awhile. I headed to my local county library, armed with a very long list, signed up for a card and then was stunned, STUNNED, when they didn't have any of the books I wanted. This just does not happen when I go to Barnes and Noble. Did I mention it was a very long list, with many choices. I jumped in my car and was headed to the nearest B&N, when a recent conversation with my husband popped into my head. It went something like this...
*
Bear
You buy too many books. You should get a library card.
*
Me
Okay (said guiltily, as I glance at the piles of books stacked on the floor of our tiny one bedroom apartment)
*
Bear
No really, you should.
*
Me
I SAID I WILL!!!
*
Short story shorter, I did the responsible thing. I went home and requested the books on the library website. Now it will be like Christmas when I am notified of their arrival... well if you had to give all your Christmas presents back after you played with them once.
*
The good news is, the suggestion to read Gone With the Wind reminded me that I happen to own a copy. Right after I bought it, a peg on my TV stand came off and it happened to be the perfect size to stabilize it. I was bummed, because I had started reading the first couple of chapters and was already madly in love with it, but it was an emergency. Luckily, my Emily Post: Wedding Etiquette book is the same size. Sorry for this Emily... and for for breaking most of your rules at my wedding.

3 comments:

IrisLillie said...

?? What wedding rules did you break?? Was it dancing on the table, or hubby wandering around with a bottle of Jack Daniel's? Those seem OK, perhaps it was the pre wedding when his Uncle was seen (and heard) about the area with a double gage shot gun.
The hay bale chairs??
Or was it that you MADE YOUR MOTHER WEAR SLACKS?!! I just am not sure of which rules may have been bent or broken according to Emily Post.

The Bears said...

I could have made you wear a dress and it was Jim Beam not Jack Daniels... apparently there is a difference.

Candice said...

Is that your wedding picture? It is amazing if it is. It is amazing if it is not.

I did not know that you were such a rule breaker (according to Emily Post).

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers